Lifestyle for Active Aging
- Drink 1.5 litres of water or drinks (preferably low sodium intake and high content of calcium) per day. With 1-2 daily servings of milk / yogurt that helps to ensure an adequate intake of calcium.
- Consider the Mediterranean Diet as a reference model for nutrition even in elderly: each main meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner), must then provide for cereals (bread, pasta, rice … 4-5 servings per day), vegetables and fruits (again 4-5 servings daily, choosing seasonal products).
- Introduce two daily servings of foods with high protein intake of higher biological value:
- meat (twice a week red meat and four times white meat)
- fish (3-4 times a week)
- eggs (2-3 times a week)
- fresh cheeses (2-3 times a week).